Having a cost-effective internal audit programme, and utilising an experienced auditor effectively is vital to any business.
My role would be to provide independent assurance that your business's security and continuity risks, governance and internal control processes are operating effectively.
I will provide an unbiased and objective view of your business. By providing an impartial and independent view of your operations, to provide senior managers, stakeholders and audit committee with an unbiased report.
My skills and qualifications have been developed over many years in management, operations, and technical roles, working with all types and sizes of organization from Educational organisations to Major Cloud providers, from Pharmaceutical to Financial and from manufacturing to Consultancy, the following is a sample of some of these companies: Oracle Paragon Banking Group, Cornerstone OnDemand, Basware, Ingenico (Worldline), NavBlu, IGT, APC Workforce Solutions, Fidessa (Ion), PA Consulting. The audit work ranges from ISO Standards (27001, 27701, NIST, CSA*, 22301 and 9001) to NIST and TISAX.
Because of my background, I can look beyond day-to-day operational risks to consider the wider issues you may be facing for example reputation or recovery risk, together with employee awareness.
Overall, I will re-assure the business that processes are being followed, and if required I can inform managers on how well the systems and processes are working to keep your business on track and working.
If you require more bespoke audit work then please get in touch, and I will see what can be done
My role would be to provide the following:
- Report to the board and senior management who are within the organisation’s governance structure.
- Evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk and control processes. providing your senior management with assurance that the business is performing as expected and within legal and regulative requirments.
- Audit coverage will be across your businesses inforamtion security and business resilience governance and processes.
- Continual improvement is fundamental to the requirements of internal auditing. This will be achieved through advising, training, and facilitating with management.
My audit finding reports have been developed to give both a textual report format and more importantly a graphical format, so that you can very easily see where you are and what requires addressing. The audit report graphics can be formatted to show Strategic, tactical, and operational views. This allows for patterns and trends to be far more easily understood.
For an audit to be successful and based on my experience of International certification and accreditation requirements, I will propose using and conducting the audit using a well recognised approach.
The audit approach will ensure that your audit has been properly planned, and undertaken in the best timeline and to meet audit requirments including:
- Development of an audit strategy including a loopback approach;
- Making an appropriate assessment of audit risk; and;
- Development of a three-year audit plan and agreeing the process moving forward;
In subsequent years, I would ensure that changes to your organisation have been adequately considered and documented before the audit.